Justin D. Beck
Mr. Beck concentrates his practice in the area of Workers’ Compensation.
A 2017 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Mr. Beck has worked extensively with the Honorable David B. Torrey, conducting research and writing on a variety of projects related to the field of Workers’ Compensation. He also serves as co-editor of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Newsletter.
Justin’s previous experience includes working for the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, Workers’ Compensation Office of Adjudication. Most recently, Mr. Beck published “Nursing the Wound: The Law and Ethics of Disability Management in Workers’ Compensation,” a comprehensive survey and analysis of national legal trends related to the use of disability management in work-injury claims.
Mr. Beck serves as contributing editor of the Pennsylvania workers’ compensation treatise, 2018 update (David B. Torrey & Andrew E. Greenberg, West’s Pennsylvania Practice, Workers’ Compensation: Law & Practice (3rd edition, 2018-2019 Supplement)).
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2017
- CALI Award: Workers’ Compensation Practicum
- Class Vice President
- Earle Zehmer National Workers’ Compensation Appellate Competition, 2016
Saint Vincent College, B.A., Politics, 2013
West Virginia, 2018
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Council Member (2019-2021), Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- CLE Committee (2019-Present), Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Membership Committee (2018-Present), Allegheny County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Member (2018-present), Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Law Section