Lauren M. Upton
Lauren comes to Thomas, Thomas & Hafer from the Maryland Judiciary where she was a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph M. Getty at the Maryland Court of Appeals. Prior to this position, Ms. Upton was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Paul J. Hanley at the Circuit Court of Baltimore County.
During law school, Ms. Upton clerked for the United States Attorney’s Office in the Middle District of North Carolina where she conducted legal research on federal criminal and civil matters, assisted with drafting of position papers and appellate materials, and participated in sentencing hearings; change of pleas; and arraignments.
Lauren will be utilizing her outstanding legal skills in the General Liability group.
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- Teaching Assistant for 1L Legal Research and Writing
- Research Assistant for Dean Suzanne Reynolds
University of Maryland, B.A., Government & Politics, 2014
- Vice President of the Legal Fraternity
- Assistant at the Leadership and Community Service Learning Center
U.S. District Court, Maryland, 2019