Joshua J. Bovender
Commercial & Business Litigation, Construction, Surety & Design Professionals, General Liability,
Josh is a partner in Thomas, Thomas & Hafer’s Camp Hill office, and has spent his entire legal career as a litigation attorney with the firm.
Josh has a passion for trying cases and being in court, which he leverages to his clients’ advantage. He focuses his practice on high exposure, complex and sensitive litigation matters, ranging from commercial disputes to general liability to construction litigation. Josh’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, insurers, construction companies, partnerships, and sole proprietors and other individuals.
Josh has successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials throughout Pennsylvania’s court systems, including commercial contract disputes, construction defect claims, Unfair Trade Practices actions, motor vehicle accidents, and premises liability actions.
Josh is also passionate about client engagement and public speaking, and believes that client relationships are a cornerstone of quality legal services. He is a frequent speaker before professional trade groups and organizations, and has also served as a long-time Claims Committee Member with PAMIC.
While in law school, Josh worked as a law clerk for a regionally-based transactional firm. He also served as a legal extern for the Honorable Richard A. Lewis in the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas.
Widener University School of Law, J.D.
Elon University, B.A.
Superior Court of PA
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Professional Honors & Awards
- Lawyers, Guns & Money: An Analysis of Claims and Coverage Issues Arising Under The Intentional Harm Exclusion, Annual TT&H Liability Seminar, 2016
- Dazed & Confused: A legal and Biomechanical Primer on Traumatic Brain Injuries, CPCU Reinsurance Symposium – St. Joseph’s University, 2016
- Share the Love: An Examination of the Underwriting, Coverage and Claims in the Growing World of Share and On-Demand Economy, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2015
- Coverage and Liability Issues in the Age of the Shared Economy, MunichRe, 2015
- E-signatures in the Insurance Industry, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2014
- A [Drunk] Wolfe at the Door: Handling Covered Combined with Uncovered Claims, for Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC)
- Youth Concussions in Sports, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
Dauphin County Bar Association