Joshua J. Bovender
Commercial & Business Litigation, Construction, Surety & Design Professionals, General Liability,
Josh is a partner in Thomas, Thomas, and Hafer’s Harrisburg office. He concentrates his practice on complex commercial civil litigation, general liability, transportation, and construction matters.
Josh is originally from York County, Pennsylvania, where he was a law clerk for a regionally-based transactional firm. During law school, Josh also served as a legal extern for the Honorable Richard A. Lewis in the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas.
Widener University School of Law, J.D.
Elon University, B.A.
Superior Court of PA
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional Honors & Awards
- Lawyers, Guns & Money: An Analysis of Claims and Coverage Issues Arising Under The Intentional Harm Exclusion, Annual TT&H Liability Seminar, 2016
- Dazed & Confused: A legal and Biomechanical Primer on Traumatic Brain Injuries, CPCU Reinsurance Symposium – St. Joseph’s University, 2016
- Share the Love: An Examination of the Underwriting, Coverage and Claims in the Growing World of Share and On-Demand Economy, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2015
- Coverage and Liability Issues in the Age of the Shared Economy, MunichRe, 2015
- E-signatures in the Insurance Industry, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2014
- A [Drunk] Wolfe at the Door: Handling Covered Combined with Uncovered Claims, for Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC)
- Youth Concussions in Sports, Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC), 2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
Dauphin County Bar Association