Mark R. Sander
Construction, Surety & Design Professionals, General Liability, Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith,
Mark is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of NJ, and has over 30 years of experience in various areas of litigation, including: products liability claims, banking matters, commercial disputes, construction defect claims, Consumer Fraud Act claims, employment claims, environmental claims, insurance coverage, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, personal injury claims, real estate broker/dealer claims and securities broker/dealer litigation. In addition, Mr. Sander has been listed in the “Red Book” as recognized bond counsel.
Mr. Sander is a former officer of the Dispute Resolution Section of the New Jersey Bar Association and is on New Jersey’s list of attorneys qualified to receive court referred mediation matters. Mr. Sander served as Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Township Council member, in Medford Township, New Jersey, and has served as a member of both the Medford’s Planning Board and the Burlington County Library Commission for over a decade.
Mark serves on the Burlington County Bar Association Diversity Committee panel of attorneys, answering questions from senior citizens, at St. Paul’s Church in Willingboro.
Delaware Law School, J.D., 1985
Ursinus College, B.A., 1982
New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1986
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1990
U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Honors & Awards
- Expert Depositions: Before, During & After Deposing Your Adversary’s Expert, 3/27/14
- Swimming Pool Hazards and Liability, 5/28/15
- Construction Defect Litigation, Ethics portion, for NBI, 8/20/15
- New Jersey Tort Claims Act, 6/24/16
Community Outreach Presentations:
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Camden’s Public High School
- Burlington County School
- Senior Services Center in Medford New Jersey.
Notable Appellate Decisions:
- Wiater Bldg. & Design, Inc. v. Gutierrez (App. Div. 2013), Jan 03, 2013, Mark R. Sander argued the cause for respondents/cross-appellants (Mr. Sander, of counsel and on the brief.) (A-005650-10T4). Summary judgment obtained by Sander was upheld on appeal.
- State v. Tsilimidos, 364 N.J.Super. 454, 837 A. 2d 373 (App. Div. 2003) Michael Carson on the brief, argued by Mark R. Sander. Sander successfully argued the case for the harassment victim who sought to preserve the trial court’s ruling that the defendant’s conviction could be used as evidence in the subsequent civil trial.
- Raimo v. 3332-34 West Avenue Condominium Association, No. A-3666-08T3 (N.J. Super. 3/26/2010) (App. Div. 2010) Mark R. Sander argued the cause for respondent (Mr. Sander of counsel; Mr. Sander and Matthew C. Waldt, on the brief.) The summary judgment order dismissing plaintiff’s case, which was obtained from the trial court by Sander was sustained by the Appellate Division and, subsequently, by the Supreme Court.
- Mills v. J. Daunoras Const., Inc., 651 A.2d 114, 278 N.J. Super. 373 (App. Div., 1995). Mark R. Sander of counsel and on the brief. Summary judgment obtained by Sander in the trial court was remanded for further findings by the trial court.
- Mason v. Zoom Tech. Inc., A-727-08T3, (N.J. Super., 2010) Aug 03, 2010, Mark R. Sander successfully argued the appeal for respondents, Mr. Sander, of counsel and on the brief. In this complex employment discrimination and wrongful termination suit, Sander successfully defended the trial court’s dismissal of plaintiff’s lawsuit by summary judgment.
- Firemen’s Ins. v. National Union, 904 A.2d 754, 387 N.J. Super. 434 (App. Div. 2006), Aug 16, 2006, Sander, Hannye & Carson, P.C., attorneys for respondents Home Owners Warranty Corporation and How Insurance Company, Mark R. Sander, successfully argued the case for respondents and wrote the brief. This often cited opinion involved a complex construction defect and insurance coverage action, which was won at trial, on motion, and sustained on appeal.
- Allen v. Flynn, A-6254-09T3, (N.J. Super., 2011), Aug 08, 2011, Mark R. Sander argued the cause for appellant (Sander, Carson, Horn & Lane, P.C., attorneys; Mr. Sander, of counsel and on the brief.
- Um v. Cumberland Insurance Group, A-0625-06T2, (N.J. Super., 2008) Mar 13, 2008, Mark R. Sander successfully argued the cause for respondents, convincing the Appellate Division to uphold the trial court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of Cumberland Insurance Group, denying coverage to plaintiff. Mark R. Sander, of counsel and on the brief.